Terms and Conditions
All clauses in the Ticketing Terms indicated in BOLD are provisions which limit the risk or liability of AITE and constitute an assumption of risk or liability by you, impose an obligation on you to indemnify AITE or is an acknowledgement
If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ prior authorisation, permission and consent to attend an Event.
AI Tech North (“we”, “us” or “AITN”) is hosting AI Tech North 2020 (“Event”, “Events”). Tickets (“Tickets”) for Events are sold by AITN to purchasers through our website ("AiTechNorth") or other ticketing agents. Notwithstanding the terms and conditions of such ticketing agents which may apply to the sale of a Ticket for a particular Event, by purchasing and/or holding and/or being in possession of a Ticket or Tickets, the holder of the Ticket (“Ticket holder”, “you”, “your”) agrees to and is bound by these terms and conditions (“Ticketing Terms”).afactbyyou, and are therefore drawn to your attention. You should pay particular attention to such clauses and consider them carefully.of
Code of Conduct
At AI Tech North we seek to create a respectful, friendly, and inclusive experience for all participants. As such, we do not tolerate harassing or disrespectful behaviour, messages, images, or interactions by any event participant, in any form, at any aspect of the program including business and social activities, regardless of location. We do not tolerate any behaviour that is degrading to any gender, race, sexual orientation or disability, or any behaviour that would violate Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, or Standards of Business Conduct. In short, the entire experience at the venue must meet our culture standards. We encourage everyone to assist in creating a welcoming and safe environment. Please report any concerns, harassing behaviour, or suspicious or disruptive activity to venue staff, the event host or owner, or the nearest security guard or event staff. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to or remove any person from AI Tech North 2019 at any time in its sole discretion. Part of building a culture of trust is speaking up when something’s not right, so we can address the problem. Please contact us to report any concerns.
Notice of Recording and Individual Release
This event will be recorded, and you may appear in the resulting recording. If you do not wish to appear in subsequent broadcast of this event you should not attend. By attending this event, you agree to the following terms:
1. You consent to Ai Tech Events (or its designees) recording you by any means including, without limitation, electronic recording, film, videotape, audiotape and photography (the “recordings”) without compensation of any kind to you. You agree that Ai Tech North shall be the copyright owner of the recordings. You understand that Ai Tech North is not obligated to use the recordings.
2. You grant to Ai Tech North the right to use your name, likeness, voice, quotes and any biographical information you may provide in connection with the exploitation of the recordings, in whole or in part, by any and all methods now known or hereinafter developed.
3. To the best of your knowledge, your acts and statements contained in the recordings will not violate any right of any other person or company.
4. You release Ai Tech North from any and all claims and causes of action you may have now or in the future based upon defamation, invasion of right of privacy, publicity or personality, copyright or trademark infringement and unfair competition in connection with the recordings and Ai Tech North use of the recordings and you
1. Each Ticket you purchase from AITN through a ticketing agent is intended to give you a revocable license (or right) to entry and attendance of the particular Event only to which the Ticket pertains. Each Ticket holder has a right to a seat or standing place in relation to the stage, of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket holder’s Ticket. AITN and the Venue reserve the right to provide alternative seats or standing place to those specified on the Ticket.
2. A Ticket does not afford the Ticket holder the right to transport to the Venue, or parking, or merchandise, or any food or beverages at the Venue, unless otherwise stated. Other independent service providers might render services relating to transport, parking, merchandise, food or beverages at the Venue and in such circumstances, the terms and conditions of such service providers will apply between it and persons who make use of such products or services.
3. You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to the Venue and you must produce that Ticket for inspection upon request from an Event official at any time. Failure to produce such Ticket when requested may result in you being denied access to the Venue or in you being removed from the Venue.
4. Tickets are not transferable and cannot be resold or offered for resale (including on-line auction sites) or used for commercial purposes including advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of AITE in advance. If this condition is breached the Ticket may be cancelled without refund or compensation and the bearer of the Ticket may be refused entry or removed from the Venue.
5. Any Tickets brought from unauthorised agents or third parties are not valid and admission to an Event on the strength of such Tickets will not be permitted. All Tickets remain the property of AITN at all times and constitute a personal revocable license from AITN to the Ticket holder which may be withdrawn by AITN and admission refused at any time upon refunding the printed purchase price of the Ticket.
6. We reserve the right to restrict the sale of Tickets to a maximum number per person, per credit card and/or per household and to cancel any Tickets purchased in excess of this number.
7. If an error is made in the price of Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
8. It is your responsibility to (i) ensure that your Tickets are collected before the date of the Event; (ii) keep your Tickets safe prior to the Event; and (iii) check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of the Event and if applicable, any rescheduled Event. Event dates and times are subject to change. We refer you to the Ticket Purchase Agreement which contains detailed provisions relating to the collection and delivery of Tickets purchased through AiTechNorth. AITN is responsible or liable should you fail to obtain your tickets on time.
9. CANCELLATION POLICY: No refund will be given if you decide to return your ticket or cancel your attendance.
10. Your purchase of Tickets is subject to our right to cancel or reschedule an Event at any time, or to alter or vary the programme of an Event, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Where we alter or vary the programme of an Event, we shall not be obligated to refund any Ticket monies or exchange your Tickets. Please note that if an opening act or guest artist is changed or cancelled, the event is not considered cancelled and you will not be entitled to a refund or exchange.
11. If an Event is rescheduled or cancelled, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible thereof (including notifying you of the details of any rescheduled Event) by publishing the details of the rescheduled or cancelled Event, as the case may be, on the website located at the domain name https://www.aitechnorth.uk (the “Website”) and by e-mail and short message service (“SMS”) notification to the contact details which you provide at the time of the purchase of Tickets. It is therefore important that you provide with your correct contact details at the time of the purchase of Tickets. If the Event is to be rescheduled, you will be offered a Ticket for the rescheduled performance of the Event (subject to availability and you having provided us with correct contact details). Should you not wish to attend such a rescheduled performance of the Event, you will be required, for purposes of safety and security planning in respect of the Event, to notify the ticketing agent through which you purchased your ticket of your intention to not attend that Event. You may give such notification by way of verbal confirmation, e-mail or SMS notification, which notification must be received by the date published on the Website and by e-mail and SMS notification to the contact details which you provide at the time of the purchase of Tickets. Should you give notification as stated above or if the Event is not rescheduled, you shall be entitled to a refund of the face value of the Ticket. If the relevant Event is only partially cancelled (eg if it is a multi-day Event and only one day is cancelled), we shall give you a partial refund corresponding to the proportion of the Event cancelled. Any refund referred to herein must be claimed by you by contacting AITN firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the return of your unused Ticket and receive the refund.
12. The following restrictions will apply to your attendance at an Event and your breach of any of these may lead to you being ejected from the Venue:
12.1. Appropriate standards of behaviour are expected of all persons attending an Event and persons deemed to be behaving in a manner that is dangerous or unacceptable in the opinion of AITN or its agents or contractors, will be refused admission and/or removed from the Venue with no refund on the Ticket.
12.2. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, we reserve the right in our reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit of a Venue, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or to other patrons or that are in breach of the Ticketing Terms and/or to refuse admission and/or to refund the Ticket face value if we have reasonable grounds to do so.
12.3. Ticket holders may be ejected from the Venue if, in the reasonable opinion of AITN or its agents or any contractors appointed by AITN, or the Venue, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Ticketing Terms or the terms and conditions of the Venue.
12.4. There are to be no pass-outs or re-admissions after you exit the gates of a Venue (after entry) and you will not be permitted to re-enter the Venue.
12.5. The following items are not permitted to be brought into a Venue:
12.5.1. Glass bottles or containers or other heavy and/or sharp objects, which could potentially be used as projectiles (excluding sunglasses, binoculars and prescription or reading glasses)
12.5.2. Any illegal drugs
12.5.3. Skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles
12.5.4. Knives, weapons of any nature or fireworks
12.5.5. Any object that could be used to distract, hinder or interfere with any performer, including laser pointers and flashlights
12.5.6. Flags with poles, large flags or banners that may obstruct the view of other patrons
12.5.7. Any whistle, horn, musical instrument, loud hailer, public address system
12.5.8. Digital, electronic or other recording or broadcast device such
12.5.9. Any item that you intend to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes
12.5.10. No animals apart from authorised guide/assistance dogs
12.5.11. Any dangerous goods and any other items by management to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance
12.5.12. Professional cameras or video recorders
12.6. Efforts will be made to admit latecomers at an appropriate break in the performance of the Event. Entry will not be permitted if it will disrupt the performance.
13. If you are a disabled person, you are requested to inform AITE and AITE, its agents and contractors will use their reasonable endeavours to accommodate and assist you at the Event, subject to their capacity to do so, and the confines and layout of the Venue facilities.
14. All children attending an Event must be in possession of a valid Ticket. Events may be age-restricted and it is the responsibility of the Ticket holder to check age restrictions to an Event before purchasing a Ticket. In any case, unless indicated otherwise, a responsible adult must accompany children 14 years of age and under. No children under the age of 3 (three) are allowed to attend an event.
15. Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Venue. By purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, you consent to being filmed, photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded, and that your name, voice and likeliness may be broadcasted, displayed or distributed (commercial or otherwise) without any compensation being paid to you.
16. You voluntarily assume all risks and dangers incidental to an Event, whether occurring before, during or after the Event, and you waive any claims for loss, damage, personal injury or death against AITE, the management of AITE, any agent of AITE, the performing artist(s), participants, and all of their respective parents, affiliated entities, agents, officers, directors, owners and employees on behalf of yourself and any minor accompanying you or for whom you purchased a Ticket.
17. Neither the Venue nor AITE can accept responsibility for damage to or loss of any personal property at an Event.
18. You bear the risk of inclement weather.
19. To the fullest extent possible in law, we do not accept liability for and you will have no claim in respect of:
19.1. of seating, as there is no seating plan; or
19.2. the quality of the view from your seat or standing place; or
19.3. the lack of or inadequacy of parking at the Venue; or
19.4. any problems relating to the adequacy of traffic control to and from the Venue; or
19.5. the lack of or inadequacy of food and beverages at the Venue; or
19.6. the quality of sound and lighting at the Event; or
19.7. the quality of any services provided by independent contractors, and vendors at the Venue.
20. You agree and acknowledge that AITE or any of its agents have guaranteed or made any warranties or representations to you in relation to the accuracy of the location of your seat or standing place relative to the stage, the availability of parking at the Venue and/or the adequacy of traffic control to or from the Venue.
21. If any provision of these Ticketing Terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction that shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of these Ticketing Terms; or the legality, validity or enforceability in any other jurisdiction of that or any other provision of these Ticketing Terms.
22. No indulgence which AITE or any of its agents and/or contractors (the “Grantor”) may grant to you and/or the Ticket holder (the “Grantee”) shall constitute a waiver of any of the rights of the Grantor, who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the Grantee which might have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
23. These Ticketing Terms cancel and supersede all prior negotiations and previous agreements, understandings and arrangements, whether written or oral, between you and AITE or any of its agents and/or contractors.
24. These Ticketing Terms constitute the whole agreement between you and/or the Ticket holder and AITE in respect of the subject matter hereof and no addition to or variation or novation of this agreement shall be of any force or effect, unless reduced to writing and signed by the above parties or their duly authorised representatives.
25. These Ticketing Terms shall be governed by the UK Law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.
26. If you experience any problems at the Event, please contact a steward or duty manager as it may not be possible to resolve issues after the Event.
27. In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
28. Please note that loud music at Events can damage hearing.
29. The staging of all events is subject to obtaining the relevant licences.
30. When purchasing alcohol at a Venue, if you appear to be under the age of 18 you may be asked for proof of age